Monday, September 10, 2007

Chapter 1 script

With over 12 people signed up, it's time to get started working. I am dividing the story into sections of roughly 400-600 words each and I have written the first section so everyone can get a sense of what to expect.

Chapter 1 of the Eye of Argon.


Some things I've observed:

This should not be a literal word for word translation. It's okay to leave out some of the text. While this first chapter uses a lot of the text, I tried to weed out parts that are redundant when pictures are added or are not interesting.

Humor is obviously a major element of this project, but don't make a joke for every panel.

It's okay to reword some of the text to fit the comic better.

READ THE STORY CAREFULLY. Even though I've read the Eye of Argon several times, when I started writing, I thought the two soldiers at the start were leading three mules with cargo. I had to rewrite the opening two pages to show that the soldiers and Grignr are on horseback. It is easy to misread what is going on. We want to get the exact story of Grignr's epic adventure.

No comments: